dtSearch Network - More Info
In addition to all of the features of dtSearch Desktop with the dtSearch Spider, convenient network features include:
- The ability to provide different users with access to different sets of continually updated data.
- Concurrent indexing and searching using multiple shared index libraries.
- Integration with the Windows Task Scheduler, for scheduling index updates, etc.
- Options packages for conveniently using and sharing dtSearch settings on a network (see screen shot, above).
- Support for heterogeneous language environments for international organizations and other mixed-language network users (including Unicode support).
- UNC support.
- Numerous index management functions.
- Shared capabilities such as for macros and shared synonym rings in the user thesaurus.
- Optional file segmentation for the treatment of long text files as multiple logical subdocuments, for older legacy data or other long text files such as logs.
- Optional sharing of indexes with dtSearch Web and dtSearch Text Retrieval Engine.