ActivePDF WebGrabber Overview
Programmatic HTML to PDF Conversion
ActivePDF WebGrabber is the industry-leader in reliable, multi-threaded HTML to PDF conversion. Capable of converting HTML from files, streams, and URLs, WebGrabber enables you to easily transform web based content to high-quality, standards-compliant PDF output.
Supporting business applications ranging from simple conversions and web-based reporting, to high-volume transactional processing such as invoicing and mass mailings, WebGrabber's simple to use COM and .NET APIs will have you up and running in no time. Visit our examples site to see how easy it is to integrate with C#, ASP, VB, PHP, Ruby and more.
Two Engines for the Price of One
ActivePDF WebGrabber is the only server-based HTML to PDF converter offering you the choice between our Native (WebKit) engine or the Internet Explorer engine. Engine type can be set system-wide, or on a job-by-job basis, providing you with unparalleled balance between fidelity and performance, all from a single product.
Enhanced Document Usability
In addition to providing exceptional HTML to PDF conversion capabilities, WebGrabber enables you to take your web content a step further, customizing output page dimensions, adding elements such as page numbering, headers & footers, text and image stamps or watermarks and more. You can easily use WebGrabber to create highly interactive documents, converting HTML form fields to their PDF equivalents, embedding Flash® movies and more.
PDF Feature and Standards Support
WebGrabber conversion engines generate output that is 100% compliant with the PDF ISO standard, along with the PDF/A AND PDF/X standards. In addition, WebGrabber offers built-in support for PDF encryption, including AES encryption, as well as digitally signing PDF output, providing you a higher level of document security and integrity. Additional PDF features such as document information, view mode, linearization and more, enable you to use WebGrabber to customize a wide variety of output options to meet the demands of your end users.
Enterprise Class Performance
At ActivePDF, we specialize in designing products from the ground up with server-side deployment in mind. Obsessed with performance, we've engineered WebGrabber specifically for use in high-volume, multithreaded environments, providing you a product you can trust to perform in your mission critical applications.
Additionally, WebGrabber provides a remote submission component that simplifies the task of transmitting conversion jobs between machines, enabling you to separate your conversion processing from your application server.
Flexible, Cost-effective Licensing
ActivePDF WebGrabber is licensed per operating system instance, with no per user or per document fees. Need to distribute WebGrabber with your application? With competitively priced OEM, Volume Licensing options available, you can deliver the exact functionality your users demand, without breaking the bank. In addition, our subscription-based ActivePDF Developer Program allows you to deploy ActivePDF software for test and development purposes, at a fraction of the cost of perpetual licenses.
ActivePDF WebGrabber Features
activePDF WebGrabber can be used to convert your HTML content directly to PDF from your server-based applications - perfect for generating portable versions of your web-based reports, invoices, statements and other documents.
- Convert HTML - whether from files, URLs or streams - directly to PDF
- Convert Flash® to PDF, embedding dynamic content into your PDF output
- Convert XML to PDF, using XSL to control your document's look and feel
Ease of Integration
- Add HTML conversion to your application in just a few lines of code
- Create high-quality, professional looking reports using familiar HTML
- .NET and COM interfaces enable you to integrate with virtually any Windows application
- Pre-built examples help you get up and running with minimal time investment
- HTML 4 and HTML 5 support
- CSS2 and CSS 3 support
- Generate ISO-standard compliant PDF, PDF/A and PDF/X output
- Includes two conversion engines based on Internet Explorer and WebKit technologies, providing you the optimal balance between fidelity and performance
- Remote submission component allows you to separate your conversion server from your application server
- Support for intelligent PDF - convert hyperlinks, form fields and more
- Customize page scaling, enabling you to control how your content appears in print-ready output
- Add page numbering, headers/footers, stamps and watermarks
Performance & Management
- Multithreaded, enabling simultaneous, concurrent processing for maximum performance
- Web based Configuration Manager enables you to remotely configure and control your deployments
- File naming and overwrite options allow you to configure how WebGrabber handles naming conflicts based on your business needs
PDF Output Options
- Support for PDF Security, including 40- and 128-bit RCA encryption and 128-bit AES encryption
- Digitally Sign output, enabling tamper detection and non-repudiation
- Paper Size and Scaling settings enable you to generate properly formatted documents from your printed output
- Add PDF metadata to your documents for indexing and retrieval
- Automatically append output to existing PDFs - for example, individual invoices can be concatenated together to produce a single document for printing/distribution
ActivePDF WebGrabber 2016 System Requirements
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 or x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Minimum Recommended Hardware
- 350 MB of RAM
- 175 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Additional Software Requirements
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 or higher
(if not detected, will be installed automatically)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (for IE Engine). See the following table to determine the recommended version for your operating system:
|Microsoft Internet Explorer Version||Microsoft Windows Server Supported Version|
|Internet Explorer 7||yes||yes||no||no|
|Internet Explorer 8||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Internet Explorer 9||limited*||limited*||limited*||limited*|
|Internet Explorer 10||no||limited*||limited*||yes|