ActivePDF Meridian Overview
ActivePDF Meridian is a robust, server-based network PDF printer providing network administrators an easy, cost-effective way to deploy PDF creation enterprise-wide. There are no per user or per document fees. PDF settings and options are controlled at the administrator level guaranteeing pixel-perfect PDF file output. Individual printers can be created with custom settings for specific output devices, unique departmental needs, or to enforce organization-wide requirements. End users simply print PDF output files to a Meridian printer from any application saving PDF output to a local client or a business required server location. An optional API allows developers to automate Meridian print jobs and integrate custom PDF creation with a wide variety of desktop applications. Any Windows®-based program that can print can generate PDFs using activePDF Meridian.
- Server-based control eliminates need to manage individual desktops
- Centralized control maintains PDF security and document integrity
- Fully compatible with 3rd party PDF viewers/editors
- Unlimited user capacity per network license
- Save PDF output to local client or network server
- Customize settings for designated output devices
- Cost effective enterprise PDF solution
- Simplified PDF creation
ActivePDF Meridian Features
.NET and COM APIs
Add affordable file conversion functionality to all applications. Convert commonly used file formats To/From PDF with a single method call.
Apply 40-bit and 128-bit security to PDF output. Password-protect security options allow you to disable printing functions to prevent copying text and graphics. Set document metadata including title and author.
Print to PDF
Any application that can be printed to a printer can be converted and printed to PDF. Optimize performance and scalability for developers and enterprise users when integrating PDF generation functionality.
Centralized PDF Settings
Centralized PDF generation and conversion functionalities reduces software and support costs.
ActivePDF Meridian 2010 System Requirements
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 or x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 (Meridian 2010 R4 or later)
Minimum Recommended Hardware
- 350 MB of RAM
- 175 MB of Disk Space (for application)
- 256 MB of RAM
- 25 MB of Disk Space (for application)
Additional Software Requirements
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher
(if not detected, will be installed automatically)
Remote API Installation Requirements
- .NET - Requires Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework. If the .NET 3.5 Framework is not found on your system, the Meridian installer assists you in downloading it.
- OCX - Requires Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. The package is included with the Meridian installer.
- Both .NET and OCX - Requires both the Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework and the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. Both are included with the Meridian installer.
Network Printing Requirements
If there is a firewall on your system, ensure that the inbound connections to the following ports are configured:
- 57575—Allows remote calls to the Meridian printer service (.NET)
- 54545—Allows remote calls to the Core service (.NET)
- 58585—Allows remote calls to the NDN Proxy service (COM) Meridian
Client Operating System
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows Vista
Additional Software Requirements
To view the output PDF on a client machine, Adobe® Reader or another PDF viewer is required.