dtSearch Engine for Win & .NET
for iOS beta
for Android beta
dtSearch Engine (all versions) — Add dtSearch’s proven “industrial-strength” searching and broad data support to your application.
- The dtSearch Engine covers a wide variety of different platforms (see top of page).
- The dtSearch Engine also works on cloud platforms like Azure and AWS.
- SDKs include native 64-bit APIs for .NET, C++ and Java.
- A cross-platform .NET Standard/Xamarin/.NET Core API is also available.
- An ASP.NET Core demo showing faceted search and multicolor hit-highlighting is available here. Please select SEC Filings to see the faceted search portion of the demo.
- See also developer tutorials on a wide range of topics, including a walk-through the sample code for the ASP.NET Core demo.
Following are some key dtSearch developer product line features:
- Terabyte Indexer. dtSearch Desktop and Network can index over a terabyte of text in a single index,
spanning multiple directories, emails and attachments, online data and other databases. The products can create and search any number of indexes.
Indexed search time is typically less than a second, even across terabytes of data.
- Concurrent, Multithreaded Searching. dtSearch developer products provide efficient multithreaded searching, with no limit on the number of concurrent search threads.
For online search, the products can run in a completely stateless manner, making it very easy to scale. A “success story” from Intel® describes dtSearch’s “perfect score” for high-volume web-based concurrent searching:
The dtSearch Engine multi-threaded indexed search demo achieved 100 percent parallel time in the Intel Concurrency Checker test, indicating full optimization for multi-core hardware ...
The relationship between Intel and dtSearch stretches back a number of years ... [and] generates synergies that deliver excellent performance and other benefits to end-customers, including internal customers at Intel.
- Federated Searching and the dtSearch Spider. dtSearch products provide federated search across any number of directories, emails (with nested attachments), and databases.
The dtSearch Spider adds local and remote online content to a search. The Spider can index sites to any level of depth, with support for public and secure online content.
dtSearch products provide integrated relevancy ranking with highlighted hits across both online and offline data.
- Federated Searching and the dtSearch Spider. dtSearch Desktop and Network products provide federated searching across any number of directories,
emails (with nested attachments), and databases. The dtSearch Spider adds local and remote, static and dynamic online content to a search. The Spider can index sites to any level of depth,
with support for public and private or secure online content, including log-ins and forms-based authentication. dtSearch products support integrated relevancy ranking with highlighted hits across both online and offline data repositories.
- 25+ Search Options and International Language Support. dtSearch products offer over 25 search types, including special forensics search options. For international language coverage, dtSearch products support Unicode,
including support for right-to-left languages, and Chinese/Japanese/Korean character options.
- Faceted Search and Other Data Classification Options. The dtSearch Engine developer APIs support categorization based on document full-text contents, internal document metadata,
content, or data attributes associated with documents during document indexing. The dtSearch Engine has APIs for other advanced data classification options as well,
such as faceted search and full-text and/or fielded data positive and negative variable term weighting. See "Databases" section of selected articles by subject for details on database indexing,
faceted searching, document classification and other topics.
- Document Filters and Supported Data Types. dtSearch’s proprietary document filters support a broad range of document types, emails and attachments, databases and other online data.
For all supported data types, the document filters further support browser display with highlighted hits. Document filters are also available for separate licensing across all platforms.